Born in 1947. Studied piano and composition at the Rubin Academy in Tel Aviv, and further studies in London and Paris. His music was performed by the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra, Israel Chamber Orchestra, Jerusalem Symphony Orchestra, Arditti Quartet, Neue Vocalsolisten Stuttgart, Ensemble Modern and many ensembles and performers in Israel Europe and Asia.
Founder and director of the Israel Contemporary Players and “Hateiva” - the Center for Electronic Music in Tel Aviv .
Teacher of composition and counterpoint at the Buchman-Mehta School of Music at the Tel Aviv University.
Prizes and Awards:
- 1987 received the ACUM Prize
- 1988 was awarded the Prime Minister's award for composers
- 1998 was awarded the Lieberson Prize for orchestral composition
- 2001 received the ACUM Prize for composition
- 2007 received again the ACUM prize for life achievement
- 2007 received The Tel Aviv Municipality prize for composition
- 2008 received the Koussevitzky Award (commission) from the Koussevitzky Foundation and the Library of Congress
- 2009 received the National Lottery Prize for Composition and again the Prime Minister's award for composers
- 2015 received the Acum Prize for “Achievment of the Year” for “Repercussions” performed by Ensemble Modern